This giveaway is now closed.
Next up is Pear Budget, created by Charlie and Sarah Park.
The great thing about this budgeting management site they’ve created is that its elegant interface echoes its simplicity. It really is so easy to use. You simply set up your budget in about 15 minutes, and you’re good to go.
Some of Pear Budget’s best features are:
- It’s completely based on a zero-based budget.
- You can fully customize your tags – there’s none of the pre-entered kind, like on Quicken.
- It’s quick and powerful – because it doesn’t do anything but budgeting, it takes mere seconds to load.
- It beautifully handles both my regular, monthly expenses and my irregular expenses that show up only several times a year.
- It uses the classic envelope system – you fill in a category’s amount, and it depletes the total as its spent.
- They’ve got a blog that regularly answers questions and provides a place to contribute your thoughts (love it!).
Because the Parks are a work-at-home mom and dad, they get how busy parents are. They know what it’s like to manage a home. And they personally relate to staring in cloudy confusion at budget software that just doesn’t work for them. They know that when you only have 15 minutes of computer time every couple hours, you’re not going to want to spend it trying to understand how to work something. You just want to update your budget, see the results clearly, and move on.
Pear Budget is only $3 a month, but this week, they want to give 2 Simple Marriage readers a free 1-year subscription! And let’s face it, budgets are sexy!
How To Enter
Leave a comment on this post answering this question: If you found a surprise $10 in your wallet, what would you do with it?
For a second entry, Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter. Be sure to use the url of this post and @simplemarriage so I can see it. Or to make it even easier – use the Retweet button at the bottom of this post.
This giveaway will end February 14th at Midnight CST.
Check back tomorrow for another giveaway.