Over the past few years, marriage continues to be under attack in America.
This post is not intended to open up a discussion about the legalities of marriage, I am simply taking note of all the things I love about marriage.
If you’re not married, I still think most of these apply to any important relationship in your life.
These are in no particular order and please add to the list in the comments.
- Dancing with my wife (and my kids)
- Shared adventure and dreams
- Watching a movie together under a blanket
- Deep conversations
- Simple conversations
- Hearing someone say “I love you”
- Knowing the little quirks of another human being
- Co-parenting our children
- Being authentic
- All the inside jokes between us
- Memories of past experiences together
- Shared values
- Holding hands
- Seeing her from across the crowded room
- Lazy mornings together
- Shared responsibilities of life
- Watching football together, or any sports for that matter. (I hit the jackpot with a wife that loves sports)
- Someone to challenge me to be a better man
- Seeing her smile
- Hearing her sing to our kids
- Silliness together
- Another driver on road trips
- Being out of the “dating scene”
- Entering a room or restaurant together
- Good make out sessions
- Long kisses
- Back rubs
- Knowing I have a partner to go through life with
What would you add for your marriage?